Join us for a relaxed 7 day driving tour in classic and modern sports cars around the Top of the South Island of New Zealand, exploring vineyards, lakes, beaches and the stunning Abel Tasman National Park.
With a superb & rarified choice of travelling in style...
- Class of car chosen determines package price
- (Image shows the actual car you’ll drive – ‘read more’ for full details)
- All class packages include:
- 6 nights accommodation
- (4 star equivalent or better)
- 6 breakfasts
- Welcome & Farewell Dinners
- Route Instructions
- Accompanying Tour Concierge
- Comprehensive Car Insurance with $500 excess
- Roadside Assistance Package
- Unlimited Kilometres
- Car briefing & documentation
- Sat nav/GPS unit hire
- Portable Bluetooth Speaker hire
- Want to bring your own car? Please enquire for pricing.
Tour Route - videos shot on tour locations!
Click the tabs to reveal your day by day delights! Accommodation will be from one of options shown.
Drive distance: 5 km Driving time: 0.25 hrs
Arrive Nelson. Meet at overnight accommodation lunchtime to collect your cars and then again in evening for a communal welcome dinner.
Drive distance: 140km Driving time: 2.5 hrs
With a short drive by the sea to leave Nelson, we stretch the car’s legs with a lovely twisting hill climb over the Whangamoas, and on through rich valleys and farmland, stopping for lunch at the picturesque Havelock marina famed for its fresh green mussels. We then really work the steering wheels, winding our way along the stunning road along the edge of the Marlborough Sounds to the quaint Picton, and then onto Blenheim.
Drive distance: 0km Driving time: 0 hrs
Explore Blenheim and the Marlborough region at your leisure with plenty of optional activities to choose from below, (early pre-booking required to guarantee availability).
Drive distance: 210km Driving time: 3 hrs
Heading inland we pass close to the Rainbow Ski Field ranges and stop for lunch and a wander by the majestic Nelson Lakes with some excellent photo opportunities. Then on through the gorgeous rolling countryside of Upper Moutere to Kaiteriteri, gateway to the famous Abel Tasman National Park with walking, sea taxi or kayaking options.
Drive distance: 65 km Driving time: 1.5 hrs
Plenty of time to enjoy a water taxi and/or walk into the stunning Abel Tasman National Park today. And then a road voted one of the top 3 best drives in New Zealand to follow over the twisting Takaka Hill with it’s amazing views into the Golden Bay valleys as you descend.
Drive distance: 0 km Driving time: 0 hrs
Before our farewell dinner together in the evening, it’s your day to enjoy as you wish. Drive round the delights of Golden Bay or take a scenic walk, such as
- through woodland and over a swing bridge to Wainui Falls;
- into the remoter top part of the Abel Tasman National Park;
- round Pupu Springs, reputedly some of the clearest water in the world;
- or onto Wharariki Beach, wild & windswept with gorgeous dunes and seals up close if you’re lucky!
Drive distance: 115 km Driving time: 2 hrs
Leave Golden Bay and return to Nelson via the scenic Mapua and the end of the Road Trip…..unless you opt for the superb sea based optional activity!